Monthly Archives: May 2013

Hi-tech Church

PASTOR: "Praise the Lord!"
CONGREGATION: "Hallelujah!"
PASTOR: "Will everyone please turn on their tablet, PC, iPad, smart phone, and Kindle Bibles to 1 Cor 13:13.
And please switch on your Bluetooth to download the sermon."
P-a-u-s-e……
"Now, Let us pray committing this week into God's hands.
Open your Apps, BBM, Twitter and Facebook, and chat with God"
S-i-l-e-n-c-e

"As we take our Sunday tithes and offerings, please have your credit and debit cards ready."
"You can log on to the church wi-fi using the password 'Lord909887. ' "
The ushers will circulate mobile card swipe machines among the worshipers:

* Those who prefer to make electronic fund transfers are directed to computers and laptops at the rear of the church.
* Those who prefer to use iPads can open them.
* Those who prefer telephone banking, take out your cellphones to transfer your contributions to the church account.

The holy atmosphere of the Church becomes truly electrified as ALL the smart phones, iPads, PCs and laptops beep and flicker!
Final Blessing and Closing Announcements…

* This week's ministry cell meetings will be held on the various Facebook group pages where the usual group chatting takes place. Please log in and don't miss out.
* Thursday's Bible study will be held live on Skype at 1900hrs GMT. Please don't miss out.
* You can follow your Pastor on Twitter this weekend for counseling and prayers.
* God bless you and have nice day.

Goal Setting

My son Cameron turns 21 in about 1 week. So, I just spent the last 2 hours with my son going over goal-setting for the next year (e.g. jobs, money, establishing credit, place to live, career, etc.). We discussed setting up spreadsheets, writing down realistic goals, setting time frame to achieve them, establishing short-term and long-term goals, having a way measure them, rewarding oneself, being proactive, etc.

By the time we were finished, my voice was getting hoarse from talking so much and long. He gets up and says,

"Thanks Dad! That was really helpful. I'll get going on them next week some time…"

I feel like Charlie Brown, i.e. "ARRRGHHH!"

(Note: He was trying to be funny when he said that. I laughed and really enjoyed his humor)

Photo: My son Cameron turns 21 in about 1 week. So, I just spent the last 2 hours with my son going over goal-setting for the next year (e.g. jobs, money, establishing credit, place to live, career, etc.). We discussed setting up spreadsheets, writing down realistic goals, setting time frame to achieve them, establishing short-term and long-term goals, having a way measure them, rewarding oneself, being proactive, etc.