The Prodigal Employee – Part 1

employee_of_monthGenerally, my faithful employee shows up on time. However, this morning was different. I call her at 9:30 am. "Where are you?" I ask.

"Huh? ummmm? Yawn….What time is it?"

"It's 9:30!"

"Oh! It's Thursday! I was sleeping….I forgot…."

"Really?" I responded. "I hadn't noticed."

"Do you still want me to come in?" she asks.

"No, of course not." I replied. "That's why I'm calling you. To encourage you to take it easy and continue sleeping!"

"I can be there in about 20 min…OK?"

"That would be nice."

"Oh, I might have to leave early today!" she says

I hang up.

Leave a Reply